Gmail Not Receiving New Emails Automatically on Android

Integrated Gmail email client is a great built-in application for email lovers on Android OS. I’m enjoying this feature with my Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos. A few months ago Sysprobs published a personal review about Samsung galaxy y pro duos.  Recently on my phone, Gmail stopped receiving new emails and giving automatic new email notifications. It worked well initially, so I’m sure that the recent changes I did on this phone caused the issue. But what could be?

Whenever I remember or expect emails on Gmail, I had to open it and refresh manually to get new emails. But that is weird when you have a smartphone with a proper email client and internet connection always.
Read Also: How Can I Share My Google Contacts With Other Gmail Users
I have done 3 software updates for this phone after the purchase, that may be the reason. But after checking few blogs and comparing the changes I did recently, I managed to find out the reason for not receiving Gmail emails automatically on Android phone.
The Change I Did Relate to Gmail Auto Sync
I have added power control widget on my home screen and disabled the application auto sync to save power. I never knew this will affect the auto Gmail sync too. 
Read Also: How To Fix Gmail Error Code 76997
How to Fix Gmail Not Receiving New Emails Automatically?
Like other configured sync accounts such as MS Exchange, Facebook or twitter, Gmail sync options will not appear under ‘Manage Accounts’ in ‘Accounts and Sync Settings’ option (what I’m seeing in my Samsung galaxy y duos pro). I think, because Gmail is well integrated email client app in Android, Gmail client is treated with ‘Application sync’ in android.
  • So, if your android phone is not receiving new emails and not giving new email notification on Gmail, enable the ‘Auto Sync’ under ‘Accounts and Sync Settings’.
  • Press ‘Settings’ on home screen and select ‘Accounts and sync’. Enable the tick for ‘Auto sync’ (Applications sync data automatically). By default ‘Background data’ tick also should be enabled.
  • Disabling and re-enabling above ticks and restarting the device should fix Gmail issue normally, except your phone is seriously having some other issues.
  • For me, enabling ‘Auto Sync’ under settings or in power control widget in home screen fixed the issue. Now Gmail is receiving new emails automatically and giving notification without any issues on my Samsung galaxy y duos pro.
Hope you able to resolve your similar issue. Share with your friends, may be they also face this problem.


Comments

  1. Nice blog, If you are not able to solve the problems related to Gmail then you can contact Gmail Support Phone Number.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment